Today, in addition to getting my first ever 'get well soon' card, I sat down to see how manly I am, according to Robert Heinlein. Here's Heinlein's list of skills:
A Man should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Let's break it down and see how I compare:
- Change a diaper: Ah, yes. This I should be able to do.
- Plan an invasion: No, I'm not a strategist.
- Butcher a hog: Kill a hog, probably. Butcher it? Probably not.
- Conn a ship: Not a ship, but a boat, yes.
- Design a building: No.
- Write a sonnet: No.
- Balance accounts: Unfortunately, no. Not my accounts anyway.
- Build a wall: Yes.
- Set a bone: I should think so.
- Comfort the dying: Alas, I would probably be at loss here.
- Take orders: Yes, grudgingly.
- Give orders: Yes, unwillingly.
- Cooperate: Yes.
- Act alone: Yes.
- Solve equations: Yes.
- Analyze a new problem: Yes.
- Pitch manure: Ugh. If I had too…
- Program a computer: Yes, most willingly :D
- Cook a tasty meal: Occasionally.
- Fight efficiently and die gallantly: Fight efficiently, maybe. Die gallantly, probably not.
Also on the list of things to do today were finishing up the moving-business. I hate moving. I have too much stuff. I have to get rid of some of this junk, either by sending it off to Norway or to the tip. I realise that I'm having problems throwing away stuff. However, I'm finished now. At least it's all in my new room. I now have to find a way to stash all this junk (the part I'm going to keep of it anyway).
Watched Star Trek.